Welcome to all Facebook escapees!

A blogger may indeed be that dog barking pointlessly and incessantly, but at least it is a true form of sharing yourself, unlike the Facebook model of point-click-share-like. And I will never post a photo of my dinner or latte.

When I get together with friends in the flesh, we usually discuss music, movies, books and periodicals … with a bit of Major League Baseball, depending on the company. Hopefully this blog will simulate the experience, though I’m afraid I won’t be able to offer you a drink. I invite all of you to follow my blog Present Tense for a while to see if it tweaks your interest. And please post comment. Bark back!

I plan to write about and share music (mostly from the 20th century and earlier), photographs, films past and present, books I love or hate, and all sorts of issues with journalism itself.

This a Facebook alternative universe. You can post away here, if you like. It’s free, and I won’t sell your data.